Cinematic Arts Film and Video Production Courses introduce students to a wide array of cutting-edge tools and technology:
- Digital cinema cameras including Black Magic Ursa 4K, Black Magic pocket cameras, Canon C100.
- DSLR cameras including Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 7D, Canon 60D.
- Panasonic AF100 HD cameras
- A large fleet of additional prime and zoom lenses to fit both Panasonic and Canon cameras.
- A variety of smaller HD video cameras
- 16mm equipment, including Bolex, Arri S, Arri SR cameras
- Sound recorders including Zoom H4N, Marantz PMD 661 and Sound Device 702, Zoom H6, Zoom F4.
- Microphones ranging from hypercardiod to dynamic to lavalier to wireless
- Lighting equipment including tungsten, fluorescent and HMI kits
- Assorted grip equipment including C-stands, flags, silks, nets, apple boxes and various other grip hardware
- Dolly system with both riding dolly and tripod-mounted dolly, both use track. We have straight and curved track
- Redrocks handheld shoulder rigs, complete with follow-focus
- Pocket or “slider” dolly
- Jib arm
- Steadicam system
- Portable greenscreen as well as access to our professional blue screen curtain in Studio A production space
- Studio A, Studio B, and Studio C production spaces
- Whisper room located in Studio B (soundproof booth for voice-over recording and/or foley and ADR (automated dialogue replacement)
- Mac computers with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and other creative suite apps.
- Pro Tools, DaVinci Resolve color
- 16mm editing tables and splicers
- Steenbeck flatbed 16mm editor
- JK Optical printer
- Oxberry animation stand
We have been able to upgrade our hardware and software on a yearly basis. We have four full-time staff dedicated to maintaining the equipment. For more information, please visit the CLAS Production Unit website.